Black & Blue Lemon Ricotta Muffins Recipe
You can vary the berries, i.e., raspberries, or even chunks of juicy, fresh peaches. Since they go together quickly, you can say goodbye to commercial “muffins,” and serve these hot out of the oven with plenty of butter.
18 standard size muffins
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
5 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup blueberries
1 cup fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin and a 6-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Mix the ricotta cheese, sour cream, milk, sugar, butter, egg, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla until smooth.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg into a fine strainer set over the ricotta mixture.
- Shake the flour mixture through; mix on low speed just until the mixture is moistened.
- Carefully fold in the berries.
- Using a 1/4 inch scoop, scoop batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 5 minutes. Run a knife around each muffin and tilt in the muffin cups.
- Serve warm with plenty of real butter.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 64
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 35% Protein 9% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 213 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 7% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.