Easter Jelly Bean Cookies Recipe
These fun cookies can be made ahead; they keep well for a week or so if not eaten right away. If stored in an airtight container, they also freeze. You can use your favorite jelly beans such as Sweetarts, Trolli, or Starburst, and the colors make the cookies look festive.
About 6 dozen cookies
1 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
14 ounces miniature tart jelly beans, such as Sweetarts or Trolli
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line 2 or 3 shallow baking sheets with parchment or Silpat (or spray with non-stick spray). D
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light.
- Place a fine strainer over the sugar mixture and measure in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; shake through.
- Mix until well-combined.
- Stir in the oatmeal and jelly beans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let sit a minute or two before transferring to cooling racks. Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 75 Calories from Fat 26
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 34% Protein 4% Carb. 61%
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 63 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.