5-Ingredient Toffee Bars
You may have seen other similar recipes, but many of them go sugary rather than toffee-like. These also keep well in an airtight container.
32 Bars or Square
1 sleeve (4 3/4 ounces) honey graham crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups semi-sweet and white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish or 1/4"sheet pan with non-stick spray, line it with parchment, and spray the parchment.
- Arrange the graham crackers on the parchment, breaking them up if necessary to cover the entire surface.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan; add the brown sugar and pecans.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; turn down to a simmer and let cook, still stirring constantly, for 5 minutes (set the timer).
- After 5 minutes, pour the mixture over the graham crackers and spread evenly.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Let the bars sit for about 5 minutes to allow the chocolate chips to melt.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the bars.
- Cool thoroughly at room temperature before cutting into 32 bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 169 Calories from Fat 110
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 66% Protein 3% Carb. 32%
Nutrient Amount per Bar
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 89 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.