Slow Cooker Oatmeal Pumpkin Pudding Recipe
This recipe came about when my husband, who is a junk food fanatic, was on an oatmeal cream pie kick, but got sick of them and didn’t eat his last package. Not wanting them to go to waste (or to my waist), I broke them into my slow cooker and poured my favorite non-curdling slow cooker custard mixture over them.
12 Oatmeal Cream Pies, such as Little Debbie
2 cups whole milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin, (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Spray a 3-4 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Open the oatmeal cream pies and break them into quarters; arrange them evenly in the prepared slow cooker.
- Mix the milk, sugar, eggs, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a blender; blend on low speed for a minute or two (don't mix on high because it makes too many bubbles), scraping the sides once.
- Pour over the oatmeal pies.
- Cover the pot, set the heat to high, and let cook 1 hour.
- Turn the heat to low and let cook 2-3 hours or until just set in the middle. Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 95
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 37% Protein 8% Carb. 54%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 94 mg
Sodium 246 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 94% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 8%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.