Easy Double Chocolate Banana Brownies Recipe
These brownies take only a minute or two to mix up because they start with the versatile Mom’s Brownie Mix, which is a homemade mix that can be kept on your pantry shelf for months (although there are so many uses, you’ll have to replenish often). You’ll have these brownies ready to bake before the oven is even preheated.
4 cups Mom's Brownie Mix
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 ripe medium bananas, just speckled, not black
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into small chunks
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9" x 13" shallow baking dish or pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment.
- Mix the brownie mix, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the bananas and break them up, leaving them in small chunks; stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips; let sit a few minutes until the chocolate is soft, then Spread over the surface of the brownies.
- Let cool thoroughly before cutting into 32 bars or squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 77
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 46% Protein 4% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Sodium 84 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.