Coconut Shortbread Bars Recipe
These bars are perfect to take to an outdoor barbecue or potluck dinner. Or you can do like the English and serve them for tea. They also freeze well and can be a luscious addition to holiday cookie trays.
32 Squares or Bars
1 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
3 1/2 cups coconut
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon almond emulsion , or almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crust: Mix the butter, salt, brown sugar, and flour until crumbly.
- Press evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the coconut.
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk with the almond extract and drizzle evenly over the coconut.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the top is set and the coconut is golden.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into 32 squares or bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 86
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 51% Protein 5% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 114 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.