Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Recipe
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup softened butter
1 1/3 cups cold water
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
4 1/2- 5 cups flour
1 tablespoon dry yeast
7 ounces dark chocolate, preferably 60%+ cacao
1/2 cup butter, (1 stick)
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa, preferably Dutch
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 dash salt
1/4 cup softened butter
3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
2 cups powdered sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Make the tangzhong: measure the milk into a small blender or magicBullet; add the 1/3 cup flour and blend until there are no lumps.
- Place the mixture in a small skillet and heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat and dump it into the pan of an automatic bread machine.
- Place the butter on top of the tangzhong; let it melt a little, then add the cold water and powdered milk to the pan over the tangzhong to cool it.
- Add the eggs, salt, 4 cups flour and yeast.
- Turn the machine to the dough setting and let run for 5-10 minutes. Check to make sure the ingredients have formed a very soft dough. If the dough is stiff, add a bit of milk; if it is too soft, add flour. Let the machine run.
- Filling: While the machine is running, place the filling ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl; microwave 3 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and let the mixture sit for a minute or two, then whisk until smooth.
- Place the mixture in the freezer until it thickens and becomes thick.
- When the cycle has finished, transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface; roll it to a large rectangle (12” x 18”) about 1/2" thick.
- Spread the chocolate filling evenly over the dough.
- Starting at the widest part of the rectangle, roll up tightly and seal the seam.
- Cut the dough into fourths, then each fourth into six rolls.
- Place them on a parchment-lined or silpat-lined baking sheet; let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake the rolls 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let sit 10 minutes.
- Icing: Whisk together the icing ingredients; spread over the warm rolls.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 135
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 7% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per Serving: % Daily
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 349 mg
Total Carbohydrate 43 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.