English Bakewell Bars Recipe
These are great on cookie trays, dessert buffets, outdoor gatherings, and picnics. They also keep well and can be mailed successfully in care packages.
1 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup ground slivered almonds
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 cup raspberry jam
1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 1/4 sheet pan (or 9" x 11" glass baking dish) with non-stick spray; line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light.
- Beat in the eggs and almond extract until smooth.
- Mix in the ground slivered almonds.
- Measure the flour, salt, and cornstarch into a fine strainer set over the butter mixture; shake through. Mix on low speed.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Drop the raspberry jam over the surface and spread evenly over all.
- Sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let cool thoroughly before cutting into 32 bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 106
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 56% Protein 6% Carb. 38%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Sodium 104 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.