Fusilli with Creamy Sage Sauce Recipe
The taste of sage adds a new layer of flavor to the traditional creamy pasta sauce. The fusilli adds funky twists to the presentation.
- 6 Tbs butter, unsalted
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 4 oz chevré goat cheese
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound long fusilli pasta
- Follow the directions on How to Cook Pasta.
- In a large skillet, over low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the sage leaves and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cream and chicken broth, raising the heat to medium-low.
- Add the chevré cheese and stir well.
- Bring the cream mixture to a low boil. Continue to cook until the mixture lightly coats a spoon when dipped in the sauce. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked fusilli to the sauce.
- Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and stir, allowing to cook for 1 minute.
- Serve in bowls with additional grated cheese if desired.
Note: Experiment with different pasta shapes, but use a thicker pasta to hold the sauce. Spaghetti is too thin for this sauce, it is similar to Fettuccine Alfredo.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Pontano Herbs Sage
Nothing beats the flavor of fresh herbs. Many cooks opt to grow their own herbs in a small kitchen garden. If you're like me, and have a black thumb instead of a green one don't despair. You can purchase fresh herbs from a local store. If your local store does not carry fresh herbs, the magic of the Internet will bring them to you. These fresh sage leave will perk up your dishes and provide essential vitamins as well.
You Should Also Read:
Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
Fish with Creamy Fennel Sauce Recipe
No Cook Gorgonzola Pasta Sauce
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.