Pasta Shells With Gorgonzola Sauce Recipe
This dish features Italian blue cheese. This dish is perfect to serve with steak.
- 1 pound medium pasta shells
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 pound Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Follow the directions on How to Cook Pasta.
- In a large skillet, over low heat add the cream and wine.
- Add the Gorgonzola cheese and stir well. raising the heat to medium-low.
- Bring the cream mixture to just before a simmer. Continue to cook until the mixture lightly coats a spoon when dipped in the sauce. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Season with black pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and bread crumbs to the sauce and stir, allowing to cook for 1 minute.
- Serve in bowls with additional grated cheese if desired.
Note: When using other shapes of pasta, select one that will hold the sauce. Penne is an example of a tube shaped pasta perfect for creamy sauces.
You Should Also Read:
Italian Tri Tip Recipe
Italian Steak Sandwiches
No Cook Gorgonzola Pasta Sauce
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.