Turning your candlemaking hobby into a part-time business.
As a candlemaker you have your products and the additional advantage of everyone knowing that you make that product. This advantage adds an additional element of trust.
If you know someone who makes their own product and stands by the quality of this product doesn’t it make sense to be a regular customer? YOU are the manufacturer, marketing representative, customer service representative and event organizer.
Having candle parties in homes provides a relaxed and informal atmosphere that promotes personalized attention to your clients and allows you to network. Companies such as Tupperware have developed this into an art form. Just take a look online and see how many companies are promoting home or online parties to market their products.
Most everyone has been exposed to various product parties where all who attend receive a free gift for attending or qualify for a chance at door prizes. Being a host allows you to hold these parties yourself or having friends or family members host them for you. The choice is yours, you can make it as small or as large as you want. It all translates into making extra money and adding new customers.
Hosting a Party
• Send, or handout Party Invitations to all your friends, family and coworkers; always include a few extra to be distributed.
• The invitation should state that there will be free refreshments & prizes. (For example a free votive or 2-3 tealights for attending the party.)
• Circulate a hat, empty candle container or pitcher for everyone to select a prize, discount coupon, or free candle coupon with a purchase.
• Motivate anyone to host their own candle party by rewarding them with 50% off their candles purchased when $100 sold the day of their party. This will give them a vestige interest in generating sales.
Host a Candle Party Online
To bolster sales or to allow friends, family or co-workers who may find it more convenient, consider having an online party.
• Allow 3-5 days in advance to send out E invitations (or announce the party in your newsletter) to customers, friends or family and be sure to offer an incentive such as adding a free votive or special discount, with each order placed. (3-5 days will allow plenty of time for others to plan in advance and still stay fresh on their minds)
• Give others the opportunity to host their own virtual candle party with the incentive to earn free candles or special discounts on next purchase.
Recruit Help Selling Candles
• Word of mouth is the best marketing tool you have, it’s also free of charge. Offer a referral plan giving a flat discount of 15% off their next candle purchase for each referral they bring in. Let others hand out business cards for you, be sure they write their name on the back of each card, so they’ll be sure to get credit.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Benito Lugo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Benito Lugo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.