Candied Walnuts Recipe
These walnuts are perfect for salads or antipasti.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs butter, unsalted
- wax paper
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the walnuts and stir well, cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and vinegar, stirring well, and cooking until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cook the nuts for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet and lay on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Allow the glazed walnuts to cool.
- Place the walnuts in a re-sealable bag with a paper towel. (The paper towel helps capture moisture, keeping the nuts crisp.)
- Store in a cool, dark place.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you will want to subscribe to the Italian Food Newsletter
Each week the newsletter arrives in your email inbox. Featured will be tips for Italian cooking, travel, and information on Italian culture. BellaOnline.com never sells your email to third parties. The subscription box is on the right side of this page.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
La Piana 20 Year Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
True balsamic vinegar! This vinegar is made from the juice of Trebbiano and Lambrusco grapes, grown exclusively in the area surrounding Modena. It is then aged in wooden casks for 20 years. The use of quality grapes and the aging process give this vinegar a sweet flavor. A little goes a long way.
You Should Also Read:
Zucchini with Walnuts Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.