Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
The death of my grandma has really given me the appreciation of the time that we spent years ago doing an interview. Right before my grandma had her stroke we had spent several days doing short interviews. I would ask her questions and write down her answers. I am SO Thankful that I took the time while she was well to do this because after her stroke she was to emotional when trying to think about the past. I had TONS of questions that I didn't get to ask...but I am so thankful for the ones that did get asked and answered!
Here are some interview questions that you may want to consider asking your elderly loved ones. Once they are gone...you will possibly never know the answers to these questions.
I am also working on answering these questions about myself. I know that someday my family will appreciate the time that I took to journal this information!
1. Where did you and Grandpa meet?
2. Where did you go on your first date?
3. How did grandpa propose?
4. How long were you together before you got married?
5. Where did you get married?
6. How old were you when you had your first child?
7. Where all have you lived? (I included all of the addresses that she could remember.)
8. What are your fondest memories as a mother?
9. What are some funny or memorable things that your children did?
10. Do you know what jobs Great Grandpa and Great Grandma did?
11. What quality best characterizes your mother?
12. What quality best characterizes your father?
13. Best trait from father?
14. Best trait from mother?
15. How are you most like your mother?
16. What memories do you have of your parentís household?
17. What do you remember about your grandparents?
18. Characteristics of your grandfather?
19. Characteristics of your grandmother?
20. What was your favorite thing to play as a child?
21. Who was your favorite relative as a child?
22. What did you enjoy most about being a parent?
23. What was the most difficult time you had with your children?
24. What do you like most about having grandchildren?
25. Recollections about aunts and uncles?
26. What is your favorite vacation?
27. Who was your closest cousin?
28. What friend was your greatest influence?
29. The friend who most shared your life?
30. The friend you miss the most?
31. Clubs you have been in?
32. Childhood pets?
33. Cars you remember from your childhood?
34. The first car you drove? Model? Date?
35. First car you owned?
36. Car you and grandpa went on a date in?
37. How old were you when you got your drivers license?
38. What car did you really want as a teenager?
39. The longest car trip you ever made?
40. What car did you have the most fun with?
41. What holiday traditions did your family have as a child?
4th of July
42. The holiday that means the most to you and why?
43. When you were a child, what holiday tradition did you enjoy the most?
44. What music do you like the most?
45. What song from your teenage years will you never forget?
46. Who is your favorite singer or group of all times?
47. What was your favorite childhood vacation place?
48. What is your favorite season?
49. What type of sports do you like to watch?
50. Books you have really enjoyed?
51. Favorite actor and actress?
52. TV shows you like the most?
53. Form of relaxation you like the most?
54. How has your life been different than your mothers?
55. What do you enjoy most about your family?
56. What one important lesson do you believe you have taught your children?
57. What values do you hope your children will have?
58. What was the hardest thing you ever had to do?
59. What wish did you have for your children?
60. Where did you work? Did you work at other places throughout the years?
61.Where did grandpa work? Did he work at other places throughout the years?
62. What schools did grandpa go to?
63. What schools did you go to?
64. Great Grandmas brothers and sisters?
65. Great Grandpas brothers and sisters?
| Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2018 by Michelle McVaney. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle McVaney. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle McVaney for details.
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.