How to Make Crème Fraîche
It's often hard to find crème fraîche in grocery stores. This recipe is easy to follow.
- 2 Tbs plain yogurt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mix the yogurt into the cream in a small sauce pan. Heat slowly to 110F.
- Remove from heat and pour into a pyrex bowl. Cover with a sheet of wax paper. Don't seal the edges.
- Allow to sit out over night (yes, out of the refrigerator) in a warm place. This allows the bacteria to thicken the cream.
- Place the crème fraîche in the refrigerator. It will continue to thicken. You may store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Note: Crème fraîche is better than sour cream for cooking. It can be boiled, reduced, and thickened without the risk of curdling.
You Should Also Read:
How to Make Mascarpone Cheese Recipe
Red White & Blue Potato Salad Recipe
Sour Cream Sauce for Artichokes
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.