Things Every Girl Should Experience
Now imagine you and your daughter enjoying looking at pictures of blurry items, cut off pictures and objects of no interest. This is the world through her eyes.
I’d like to share some experiences every girl should have as a part of her childhood experience. I had some of these experiences and my daughter does now.
Every girl should experience…….
• The pleasure of having her own tea party with her closest friends
• A sleepover with her bff’s
• Baking something from scratch
• Going to the park
• Feelings of love, safety and security
• Catching snowflakes with her tongue
• Getting her face painted into her favorite character
• Watching a caterpillar crawl up close
• Picking flowers, planting gardens and making mud pies
• Walking barefoot through the grass
• Blowing bubbles and chasing them
• Playing in water
• The ability to be given a camera to take pictures of whatever she wants (and let others watch the world through her eyes)
• Make good and bad choices
• Going shopping at least once
• Having her own room and decorating it
• Spending time with each parent
• Hearing words of encouragement
• Hearing a scary story, enjoying a magic or puppet show
• Learning about money
• Learning how to ride a bike
• Going on an adventure
• Making a difference in the world
• Just being a kid
Decisions and choices are what define us. Childhood experiences and memories are what build our character. Let’s help make good memories. Let’s help make lasting memories.
All experiences in good nature are worth having – even to a daughter with special needs. Some of the above experiences can be modified to fit her needs. What’s important is the response you get from a good feeling you help create. Her cheer will be a special cheer – her glow will be outstanding and her body language priceless.
Looking back ask yourself what childhood memory sticks out in your head. What memory do you hold dear to your heart? Was it going to get ice cream with your dad? Or was it building sandcastles with your mom?
Some children have good memories and some children have very bad memories of their childhood. Make sure she has good memories. To parents in times of bad seek professional help for any circumstances you may be experiencing. A daughter is the most precious commodity. It is your responsibility to protect her - even from yourself.
Live, Laugh and Love
“Making a difference in the world one person at a time”
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Tuculia Washington. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tuculia Washington. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tuculia Washington for details.