Fathers and Daughters Take A Walk Together Day
- "Any astronomer can predict with absolute accuracy just where every star in the universe will be at 11.30 tonight. He can make no such prediction about his teenage daughter."
-- James T. Adams
- "My son and daughter tell me where they are in very different ways. I know where my son is because I hear him. I know where my daughter is because she tells me."
- "A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again. "
-- Enid Bagnold
- "Well, I woke up one morning around Christmas, went as far as the shops, and when I got to the corner I felt this violent pain in me left leg. I mentioned it to my daughter and she took me instantly to the hospital. It turned out it was vasculitis. In other words, you can have your leg off."
-- Beryl Bainbridge
- "If you can give your son or daughter only one gift, let it be enthusiasm."
-- Bruce Barton
- "Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla."
-- Jim Bishop
- "He opened the jar of pickles when no one else could. He was the only one in the house who wasn't afraid to into the basement by himself. He cut himself shaving, but no one kissed it or got excited about it. It was understood when it rained, he got the car and brought it around to the door. When anyone was sick, he went out to get the prescription filled. He took lots of pictures ... but he was never in them."
-- Erma Bombeck
- "I find myself enjoying a deeper love than I ever imagined was possible in the form of my daughter and certainly in the union with my wife. It makes everything else, including work, which is one of the things I'm most passionate about, pale by comparison."
-- Benjamin Bratt
Four-month-old baby gripping her fath...
- "There came to port last Sunday night the queerest little craft, without an inch of rigging on; I looked and looked - and laughed. It seemed so curious that she should cross the unknown water, and moor herself within my room - my daughter! O my daughter!"
-- George Washington Cable
- "I was up late last night yapping about the elections on CNN and up early this morning doing the same thing in my daughter's kindergarten class."
-- Tucker Carlson
- "My eleven year old daughter mopes around the house all day waiting for her breasts to grow."
-- Bill Cosby
- "You know, fathers just have a way of putting everything together. "
-- Erika Cosby
- "Anything I've done up till May 27th 1999 was kind of an illusion, existing without living. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life."
-- Johnny Depp
- "The quality of life is so different in France. There is the possibility of living a simple life. I would never contemplate raising my daughter in LA. I would never raise any child there."
-- Johnny Depp
- "There are necessary evils. Money is an important thing in terms of representing freedom in our world. And now I have a daughter to think about. It's really the first time I've thought about the future and what it could be."
-- Johnny Depp
- "To her the name of father was another name for love. "
-- Fanny Fern
- "I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection. "
-- Sigmund Freud
A father holds his daughter at surfs ...
- "I still have a leather jacket my brother wore in the '60s. It doesn't fit me, but I figure maybe it'll fit my daughter."
-- Andy Garcia
- "It is commercial pop that the majority of people understand. A working man's daughter would not understand blues."
-- Barry Gibb
- "Other highlights? When I started practicing Buddhism 21 years ago. Marrying the woman I married 26 years ago; my wife is quite a woman. The birth of my daughter. Joining Miles Davis' band."
-- Herbie Hancock
- "When Charles first saw our child Mary, he said all the proper things for a new father. He looked upon the poor little red thing and blurted, 'She's more beautiful than the Brooklyn Bridge.'"
-- Helen Hayes
- "Let your daughter have first of all the book of Psalms for holiness of heart, and be instructed in the Proverbs of Solomon for her godly life."
-- St. Jerome
- "My dear father; my dear friend; the best and wisest man I ever knew, who taught me many lessons and showed me many things as we went together along the country by-ways."
-- Sarah Orne Jewett
- "You teach your daughters the diameters of the planets and wonder when you are done that they do not delight in your company."
-- Samuel Johnson
- "My father died many years ago, and yet when something special happens to me, I talk to him secretly not really knowing whether he hears, but it makes me feel better to half believe it."
A father and daughter hike together
- "The father of a daughter is nothing but a high-class hostage. A father turns a stony face to his sons, berates them, shakes his antlers, paws the ground, snorts, runs them off into the underbrush, but when his daughter puts her arm over his shoulder and says, "Daddy, I need to ask you something," he is a pat of butter in a hot frying pan."
-- Garrison Keillor
- "We're all God's children, Bob. And I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as."
-- John F. Kerry
- "Many a man wishes he were strong enough to tear a telephone book in half-especially if he has a teenage daughter."
-- Guy Lombardo
- "I only have two rules for my newly born daughter: she will dress well and never have sex."
-- John Malkovich
- "The thing to remember about fathers is, they're men. A girl has to keep it in mind: They are dragon--seekers, bent on improbable rescues. Scratch any father, you find someone chock--full of qualms and romantic terrors, believing change is a threat - like your first shoes with heels on, like your first bicycle I it took such months to get. "
-- Phyllis Mcginley
- "My great-grandfather used to say to his wife, my great- grandmother, who in turn told her daughter, my grandmother, who repeated it to her daughter, my mother, who used to remind her daughter, my own sister, that to talk well and eloquently was a very great art, but that an equally great one was to know the right moment to stop."
-- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- "Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes."
-- Gloria Naylor
- "People see Archie Bunker everywhere. Particularly girls; poor girls, rich girls, all kinds of girls are always coming up to me and telling me that Archie is just like their dad."
-- Carroll O'Connor
- "Which one of the three candidates would you want your daughter to marry?"
-- Ross Perot
- "Being Elvis Presley's daughter is a whole lot of pressure. It's been a constant burden in my life."
-- Lisa Marie Presley
A man holds his daughter while sittin...
- "I never liked the Friday The 13th movies, or any of that. It's just not my bag. It's a genre that I guess current audiences haven't seen in a while, or haven't seen at all. I have a 14-year-old daughter, and the first one of those she ever watched, she only watched because of peer pressure."
-- George A. Romero
- "I've got a 15-year old son and a 10-year old daughter, and if they were going to do one of the following things: be an alcoholic; be a drug offender; beat their wife or husband; or gamble. I hope they would gamble."
-- Pete Rose
- "It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was. "
-- Anne Sexton
- "Thy youngest daughter does not love thee least, Nor are those empty-hearted whose low sounds Reverb no hollowness."
-- William Shakespeare
- "He says he loves my daughter: I think so too; for never gaz'd the moon Upon the water as he'll stand and read As 'twere my daughter's eyes: and, to be plain, I think there is not half a kiss to choose Who loves another best."
-- William Shakespeare
- "I may neither choose who I would, nor refuse who I dislike; so is the will of a living daughter curbed by the will of a dead father."
-- William Shakespeare
- "My thing is that a baby boy will get your daughter pregnant and kill your son. I saw how dysfunctional these experiences are, including some of my own."
-- John Singleton
- "It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping."
-- John Sinor
- "A son is a son till he gets a wife; a daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life."
- "The death of my daughter is a subject I talk about briefly because there is nothing more tragic."
-- Ben Vereen
- "As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied."
-- Oscar Wilde
- "I'm thinking about naming my first son Emmy so I can say I've got one. I want Emmy, Oscar and Tony - and my daughter Grammy."
-- Noah Wyle
Erma Bombeck's inspirational prose in honor of Dads everywhere...
Remember your Father with these thoughtful words of wisdom in tribute to Dads across the world...
A moving, poetic tribute to Dads everywhere - by Helen Steiner Rice
Ann Landers expresses exactly what many of us surely - thought we knew about our fathers...
A Hundred Reasons
Over 250 business, trade and professional journals to choose from. Stay on the cutting edge of what's happening in your line of business.
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nicole Cardillo for details.