Cauliflower and Roasted Peppers Recipe
Many people don´t cook cauliflower because it is bland and boring. This Italian style cauliflower is easy to prepare (cooked in the microwave), healthy (low fat, low carb, and a good source of fiber), and flavorful (MMMM, garlic).
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 roasted, red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a large microwavable bowl or cassarole dish, combine the cauliflower, bell pepper, garlic, white pepper, and olive oil.
- Cover and cook on full power for 6 to 8 minutes. The cauliflower should be crisp tender, not mushy.
- Mix in the grated cheese and serve.
Note: Don't let the cauliflower stand too long, it will become mushy.
To easily separate the cauliflower, wash and then grasp the head firmly. Smash the stem down onto a cutting board. The cauliflower should break apart into pieces.
An early species of cauliflower was eaten by the Etruscans 3000 years ago. A version of cauliflower that we would recognize has been a popular vegetable in Italy since 600 BC. "Cauliflower" comes from the Latin terms caulis (cabbage) and floris (flower). It remained popular primarily in Italy until the 16th century. It was then taken to France by Catherine de Medici when she married Henry II, along with many other Italian foods. Cauliflower quickly became a favorite of French chefs. Cauliflower then spread to other countries in Europe.
You Should Also Read:
Vegetarian Recipes 1
Vegetarian Recipes 2
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.