Quick And Easy Spiced Pinto Beans
This is an easy dish for those who want Mexican type beans with their meal, but are not fond of, or want a chance from, refried beans.
3-15 oz. cans Goya pinto bean
1 large carrot finely grated
1 large onion, chopped very fine
1 to 4 jalapeno peppers, finely diced*
1. Grate carrot, chop onion, and dice jalapeno peppers.
2. Open cans of beans, put into a large pot and add carrots, onions and jalapeno peppers.
3. Cook pot of beans on high, until beans start to boil. Immediately lower heat to medium/low and simmer for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. You want beans very soft but not mushy. Stir to keep from sticking.
Taste beans and add salt and pepper ifnecessary. Do not add salt or pepper until you have tasted the beans after they are completely prepared and cooked. You will probably find you do not need any additional seasoning.
Nice when served with yellow rice and tacos or quesadillas.
This recipe makes approximately 10 servings.
A simple salad of sliced tomato, avocado and cucumber makes the perfect companion to this meal. To makes a salad that serves ten, use 3 large tomatoes, 2 avocados and 2 large cucumbers. Do not use the tomato ends, use these to add in a chopped salad or salsa the next day.
*You decide on the level of heat you want, this will help you decide how many jalapeno peppers you want to add.
(1) This recipe is delicious using Goya's black beans. Just heat until added veggies are done. Serve over with white rice. Add medium chopped onion, chopped green pepper as a garnish.
(2) Make a quick spicy spread from a can of Goya's garbanzo beans, olive oil and a dash of hot sauce. Mash with fork or pulse in a blender. Great spread on a dark brown bread such as pumpernickel. If serving guests sprinkle with a little parsley or paprika.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Vannie Ryanes. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Vannie Ryanes. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.