Browse Dozens of Proverbs
- " A child may have too much of his mother's blessing. "
- " A dry lent, a fertile year. "
- " A penny saved is a penny gained. "
- " A thistle is a fat salad for an ass's mouth. "
- " Better keep the devil at the door than turn him out of the house. "
- " Bring a cow into the hall and she'll run the byre. "
- " Cutting out well is better than sewing up well. "
- " Every fisher loves best the trout that is of his own tickling. "
- " He that has one sheep in the flock will like all the rest the better for it. "
- " He that loves law will get his fill of it. "
- "It is ill fishing if the hook is bare. "
- " Learn young, learn fair; learn old, learn more. "
- " Many haws, many snows. "
- " Never go to the devil and a dish-clout in your hand. "
- " Never marry for money. Ye'll borrow it cheaper. "
- " One for sorrow, two for joy, Three for a girl, four for a boy. Five for silver, six for gold, And seven for a secret that must never be told. "
- " One may ride a free horse to death. "
- " The first dish pleaseth all. "
- " What baites one, banes another. "
- " When all fruits fails, welcome haws. "
Never miss a thing. Join Thrillist -- the daily shot of everything you need to know.
Sign up now
-- it's free and easy