Browse Dozens of Proverbs
- " A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."
- " A buckle is a great addition to an old shoe."
- " A handstaff of holly, a buailtin of hazel,a single sheaf and a clean floor."
- " A narrow neck keeps the bottle from being emptied in one swig."
- " A silent mouth is melodious."
- " A wild goose never reared a tame gosling."
- " A windy day is not the day for thatching."
- " Do not mistake a goats beard for a fine stallions tail."
- " Every bird as it is reared and the lark for the bog."
- " Firelight will not let you read fine stories but its warm and you wont see the dust on the floor."
- " He'd offer you an egg if you promised not to break the shell."
- " In winter the milk goes to the cow's horns."
- " It takes time to build a castle."
- "It's better to be sorry and stay than to be sorry and go away."
- " It's no use carrying an umbrella if your shoes are leaking."
- " Marry a mountain girl and you marry the whole mountain."
- " One beetle recognizes another."
- "Patience can conquer destiny."
- " The one who waits the fine day, will get the fine day."
- " What is in the marrow is hard to take out of the bone."
- "What would a young cat do but eat mice?"
- " Wilful waste makes woeful want."
You Should Also Read:
St. Patricks Day Quotations
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nicole Cardillo for details.