Browse Dozens of Proverbs
- " A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."
- " A buckle is a great addition to an old shoe."
- " A handstaff of holly, a buailtin of hazel,a single sheaf and a clean floor."
- " A narrow neck keeps the bottle from being emptied in one swig."
- " A silent mouth is melodious."
- " A wild goose never reared a tame gosling."
- " A windy day is not the day for thatching."
- " Do not mistake a goats beard for a fine stallions tail."
- " Every bird as it is reared and the lark for the bog."
- " Firelight will not let you read fine stories but its warm and you wont see the dust on the floor."
- " He'd offer you an egg if you promised not to break the shell."
- " In winter the milk goes to the cow's horns."
- " It takes time to build a castle."
- "It's better to be sorry and stay than to be sorry and go away."
- " It's no use carrying an umbrella if your shoes are leaking."
- " Marry a mountain girl and you marry the whole mountain."
- " One beetle recognizes another."
- "Patience can conquer destiny."
- " The one who waits the fine day, will get the fine day."
- " What is in the marrow is hard to take out of the bone."
- "What would a young cat do but eat mice?"
- " Wilful waste makes woeful want."