Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Happy New Year Writing Prompts
Ring in 2014 with these timely writing prompts!
1. Write an Acrostic poem for the word Resolution.
2. Research New Year customs in other countries, like China and Japan and compare and contrast the similarities and differences to our New Years celebration here in the United States, or the country you reside in.
3. Write a New Year's Resolution for everyone in your family, including yourself. Why did you choose the ones you wrote for each family member? How will it help him or her? How will the resolution you chose help you?
4. Make a few "Best of 2013" lists- like the five or ten best of the following:
5. What was the most exciting event that happened to you in 2013. Write an essay detailing what happened, and how you felt.
6. Does your family celebrate the new year in a special way? Maybe a New Year's Eve party? Perhaps you eat a special food on New Year's Day to usher in good luck? Share your family traditions, or write about ideas you would like to make into family traditions each new year!
7. List five things you would like to accomplish this new year and write why they are important to you. This could be getting better grades, being better behaved or eating healthier.
8. Write five to ten predictions you have for the new year. What do you predict might happen in 2014. State reasons for your predictions.
9. Where would be the ideal place to ring in the new year? Why?
10. Create a timeline of your entire last year. Highlight important events.
11. Write a limerick about the funniest day you had last year.
12. If you could travel back in time and do over one day from last year which day would you choose? Why? What would you do differently?
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Alissa Moy. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Alissa Moy. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Alissa Moy for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.