Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Thank You Quotations
Guest Author - Danielle Hollister
- "Love is the way I walk in gratitude. "
-- A Course in Miracles
- " Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. "
-- Aesop's Fables
- "Take full account of the excellencies which you possess, and in gratitude remember how you would hanker after them, if you had them not."
-- Marcus Aurelius
- "A thankful person is thankful under all circumstances. A complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise."
- "A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves."
-- Henry Ward Beecher
- "Gratitude is heaven itself."
-- William Blake
- "In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich."
-- Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- " Every time we remember to say "thank you", we experience nothing less than heaven on earth."
-- Sarah Ban Breathnach
- " You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you. "
-- Sarah Ban Breathnach
- " Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. "
-- Melody Beattie
- " Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul. "
-- Henry Ward Beecher
- " Virtue begins when we dedicate ourselves actively to the job of gratitude. "
-- Ruth Benedict
- " There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy. "
-- Ralph H. Blum
- " Thank God for what doesn't need healing."
-- Joan Borysenko
- " I don't like it when people on the street say "smile" or "cheer up." It's a real cheap line. I'm feeling good. I'm feeling real grateful for everything. It's a solid time in my life. When people say I look sad, they're wrong. "
-- Nicolas Cage
- " Throughout history wise men and women have encouraged us to feel grateful for what we have. Why? Very simply because gratitude makes us feel good. When you're feeling grateful, your mind is clear, and therefore you have access to your greatest wisdom and common sense. You see the big picture."
-- Richard Carlson,Ph.D.
- " Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others."
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero
- " Gratitude is something of which none of us can give too much. For on the smiles, the thanks we give, our little gestures of appreciation, our neighbors build their philosophy of life. "
-- A. J. Cronin
- " Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody's hand and squeeze it... while there is still time. "
-- Dale Dauten
- " Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty. "
-- Doris Day
- " Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some. "
-- Charles Dickens
- " Never take anything for granted. "
-- Benjamin Disraeli
- "If the only prayer you say in your life is "thank you," that would suffice."
-- Meister Eckhart
- " A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depends on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the full measure I have received and am still receiving."
- " He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."
- " Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all "
-- William Faulkner
- " Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement - and we will make the goal. "
-- Jerome P. Fleishman
- " Most people return small favours, acknowledge medium ones and repay greater ones - with in gratitude."
- " Gratitude is the heart's memory. "
-- French Proverb
- " To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven. "
-- Johannes A. Gaertner
- " Revenge is profitable, gratitude is expensive."
-- Edward Gibbon
- " Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind. "
-- Lionel Hampton
- " You learn about gratitude by giving. You learn about humility by receiving, and in the pecking order of human qualities, I'd probably put humility somewhere before gratitude. "
-- Jean Harris
- " I find that the more willing I am to be grateful for the small things in life, the bigger stuff just seems to show up from unexpected sources, and I am constantly looking forward to each day with all the surprises that keep coming my way! "
-- Louise L. Hay
- " Get down on your knees and thank God you're still on your feet. "
-- Irish Proverb
- " Friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life; and thanks to a benevolent arrangement of things, the greater part of life is sunshine. "
-- Thomas Jefferson
- "Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion. Hope without thankfulness is lacking in fine perception. Faith without thankfulness lacks strength and fortitude. Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road."
-- John Henry Jowett
Content copyright © 2013 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact