Chicken Breasts with Prosciutto and Cheese Recipe
An attractive and tasty dish that features the taste of prosciutto crudo.
Chicken Breasts with Prosciutto and Cheese
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto crudo*, cut into 2"x4" pieces
- 8 thin slices Fontina cheese, cut into 2"x4" pieces
- 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 Tbs chicken stock or brodo di carne
- Cut the chicken breasts into 8 thin slices (if your chicken breasts have been frozen, slice the breast before they are 100% defrosted).
- Pound the chicken slices with the flat side of a meat mallet to flatten slightly.
- Mix the pepper into the flour.
- Dredge the chicken pieces into the flour, covering completely.
- In a large skillet heat the butter and olive oil over a medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken slices until they turn light gold.
- In a shallow baking pan lay the chicken slices.
- Place a slice of prosciutto and then a slice of Fontina cheese on each piece of chicken.
- Dribble the chicken stock over the chicken slices.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the chicken slices.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Serve at once.
*--Prosciutto is the Italian word for ham. There is prosciutto cotto and prosciutto crudo. The former is cooked ham and the latter is the cured ham that in the US is generally referred to as prosciutto.
You Should Also Read:
Paula's Orange - Rosemary Chicken Recipe
Chicken Breasts With Garlic Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.