Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle Recipe
Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle is pretty, especially when assembled in a clear glass bowl; trifle bowls are made expressly for serving this popular dessert. Trifle bowls are quite inexpensive, and are available in most department and discount stores. They’re also available on-line through Amazon (see link at the bottom of this article).
1 batch Basic Microwave Pumpkin Pudding & Pie Filling
2 cups whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
1 batch Gingerbread or Shortcut Gingerbread, baked in an 11 x 17” jelly-roll pan
1/2 cup apricot brandy, or apricot coffee syrup
1 cup apricot jam
1 28 oz. can pears in pear juice, drained
1 28 oz. can apricot halves in syrup, drained
1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Chill the pumpkin pudding and pie filling; fold in the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the apricot brandy evenly over the surface of the gingerbread.
- Cut the cake in half crosswise.
- Spread 1 half with the apricot jam and place the other half on top.
- Cut the sandwiched cake in half lengthwise, then crosswise into strips about 2" wide (resulting strips approx 2" x 4").
- Line the bottom of a trifle bowl with cake strips.
- Cover with half of the drained apricots and half of the drained pears.
- Spread half of the pudding mixture over the fruit.
- Layer the remaining cake strips over the pudding, top with the remaining fruit, then the remaining pudding.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To serve, pipe whipping cream decoratively over the top and sprinkle with fresh nutmeg.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 143
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 43% Protein 2% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 58 mg
Sodium 31 mg
Total Carbohydrate 42 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Purchase an Anchor Hocking Presence Trifle Bowl from Amazon
Purchase an Presence 5-pc. Anchor Hocking Trifle Set from Amazon
Purchase a Pampered Chef Three Piece Trifle Bowl from Amazon
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.