This dish is so easy to make, it's a perfect meatless meal for after a busy day. It makes for a light vegetarian dinner during Lent.
Tortino di Carciofi
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and cut into quarters
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- oil for casserole dish
- In a bowl beat the eggs, lemon zest, and salt until frothy. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the artichokes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. They should be golden brown when done.
- Oil the casserole dish.
- Place the artichoke hearts in an even layer in the casserole dish.
- Pour the eggs over the artichoke hearts.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes, or until firm. A knife should come out clean when inserted into the center.
- Serve at once.
Note: This dish is great with a Pear, Blue Cheese, and Spinach Salad Recipe.