Frittata with Artichoke Hearts Recipe
This dish is so easy to make, it's a perfect meatless meal for after a busy day. It makes for a light vegetarian dinner during Lent.
Tortino di Carciofi
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and cut into quarters
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- oil for casserole dish
- In a bowl beat the eggs, lemon zest, and salt until frothy. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the artichokes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. They should be golden brown when done.
- Oil the casserole dish.
- Place the artichoke hearts in an even layer in the casserole dish.
- Pour the eggs over the artichoke hearts.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes, or until firm. A knife should come out clean when inserted into the center.
- Serve at once.
Note: This dish is great with a Pear, Blue Cheese, and Spinach Salad Recipe.
You Should Also Read:
Vegetarian Recipes 1
Vegetarian Recipes 2
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.