Stracciatella alla Romana - Roman Egg Soup Recipe
Ideal to start a meal, the Stracciatella alla Romana soup is simple, super fast to prepare (about 10 minutes from start to end) and very nutritious, therefore, also indicated for someone a little “under the weather” or convalescent. The original recipe calls for beef stock, but in case of illness, I rather recommend a good, homemade, vegetable stock, more digestible and still very flavorful.
Ingredients and Instructions (serves 4):
- 1 quart/1 liter of good beef, chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped Italian parsley
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and, while beating, add the grated Parmigiano cheese, the chopped parsley and, little by little, 1 ladle of cold stock.
- In a pot, bring the remaining stock to a boil over high heat; pour the egg and cheese mix in it and mix with a whisker, until the stock goes back to boil.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, transfer to a tureen or divide into 4 individual bowls and serve at once, along with croutons, crackers or sliced bread.
Note: some recipes include also a couple of tablespoons of semolina added to the eggs and cheese mix, but the original recipe gives a lighter soup with a more refined taste.
Wine pairing note: to anyone who would like to enjoy a glass of wine with the Stracciatella soup, I recommend a light and crisp white wine, ideally, a Frascati DOC, from the Roman coutryside.
Simple Delicious Italian Recipe is the perfect cookbook for any Italian food lover.
Buy and download your copy today from the BellaOnline eBook page.
You Should Also Read:
Tomato Soup Recipe - Pappa col Pomodoro
Escarole and Beans Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Cinzia Aversa. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Cinzia Aversa. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.