Recipe for Buttery Pineapple Bars
Since canned crushed pineapple is always available, these bars will be a popular year-round treat.
48 Bars or Squares
1 1/4 cups butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 batch Microwave Pineapple Filling
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Line an 11 x 17" jellyroll pan with parchment.
- Measure the cold butter, sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- Dump the mixture onto the prepared jellyroll pan and press evenly over the pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- When cool, spread the pineapple filling over the surface of the shortbread.
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar, butter, lemon juice, and enough milk to make a glaze consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the pineapple filling.
- When the glaze has set, cut into 48 squares or bars.
- Store for up to a week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 48
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 46% Protein 3% Carb. 51%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 79 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.