The Hunger Games
· During the games, Katniss has walked a ways from the other tributes. After the “let’s turn her around” comment from those overseeing the game, Katniss climbs a tree. There is a tarp over her at night but it’s gone the next morning before the fire starts.
· Katniss is suffering from a severely burned leg when the chute arrives with the medicine. She opens the outer container, reads the note and gets the smaller, silver container out. She shuts the larger, outer container. It cuts to a view of Katniss putting the medicine on her leg and then a closer view (of just her upper body, you can’t see her hands anymore). The outer container is now open again. In the next right side view of Katniss’ face, the container is closed again.
· After the tracker jacker attack, Katniss wakes up and finds Rue. While they’re eating, right before she says “Do you want mine too?”, there are only the strands of hair coming down over her Katniss’ left eye. When Rue says “that’s OK”, there are now strands of loose hair over the right side of her face as well. When Rue is eating and explaining what’s happened in the games, the strands are gone from the right side. But when Rue mentions “…and the boy from 10”, it cuts to a close-up of Katniss and the strands are back on the right side. They’re gone again when she asks about Cato.
· Katniss decides to set off the booby-trap on the pyramid of supplies that the others have made. She pulls the arrow out and in the front, close-up view, she pulls the string of the bow back with her left arm. It cuts to a left side view and she pulls the string back again.
· CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! Katniss and Peeta are being chased by the dogs and make it to the cornucopia. They’re attacked by Cato who grabs Peeta. During the scene, the blood on Cato’s right hand, near Peeta’s face, changes. His thumb is covered in blood during the close-up of him and Peeta when he says “I could still do this”. When he mentions “one more kill”, the close-up of Peeta shows the blood on Cato’s hand is almost gone.
· CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! At the end, when Katniss and Peeta are told that the previous ruling about two winners from the same district has been revoked, Katniss tosses her bow and arrow down and steps over them to talk to Peeta. When they’re about to eat the berries, the announcer yells “Stop! Stop!” and there is an overhead view. The bow and arrow are just a few feet behind Katniss. When the ship comes to get them, a quick overhead view (before it starts to pan in) shows the bow and arrow are further away from her.
“The Hunger Games” (2012) is based on the book by Suzanne Collins and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Donald Sutherland, Lenny Kravitz, Stanley Tucci, Wes Bentley and Willow Shields. It runs 142 minutes and is rated PG-13 for intense violent thematic material and disturbing images.
Be sure to get your Must See Movie Mistakes Ebook!
Get your copy of "The Hunger Games" here:
You Should Also Read:
Silver Linings Playbook
The Hunger Games - Catching Fire
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.