Silver Linings Playbook
· Pat’s dad is talking to his friend about the Philadelphia Eagles before Pat gets home from the hospital. When his friend mentions they have an “inferiority complex”, Pat Sr. puts the pencil down on the coffee table. The pencil is diagonal, with the eraser at the lower left and the tip at the upper right, pointing towards the wall. It cuts to a wide view when Pat Sr. asks “what makes the Cowboys America’s team” and the pencil is vertical with the eraser pointed towards the wall and the tip pointing towards the two of them.
· When Pat gets to his parents’ house, his dad hugs him and then pulls the necklace and pendant from under Pat’s shirt. The necklace is gone when Pat asks “you didn’t tell dad you were picking me up?”. But in the close-up, when Pat tells him to relax, the necklace is back.
· Pat goes to therapy and the song starts to play. In the close-up, as he’s talking to the receptionist, the string on his jacket is on his right shoulder. When he asks if the doctor put her up to it, the string is now dangling on his chest.
· Pat is reading Nikki’s letter to Tiffany. At first his necklace is outside his shirt. When he reads the “I must admit” line, the necklace is inside his shirt. It’s back out again when he reads the “I need to see something” line.
· Tiffany shows up at Pat’s house when he doesn’t show up to rehearse the dance number. She introduces herself and there’s a close-up of Pat’s dad when he mentions the “what’s the craziness with Tiffany” line. It cuts to a rear/side view of Pat (front view of Tiffany). Pat can be heard arguing “I told you who she was, I was doing this thing with her” but his mouth never moves.
· CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! When they’re at the dance competition, Pat and Tiffany are walking while holding hands. Pat is on the left of the screen and Tiffany is on the right. They walk up the stairs and they’re still in the same position. But when they round the corner, Tiffany is now on the left and Pat is on the right.
· CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! When Pat and Tiffany are dancing to the second song in their routine, Pat’s shirt is noticeably untucked. But during their thirds song, it’s tucked in again!
“Silver Linings Playbook” (2012) stars Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro, Jacki Weaver, Chris Tucker and Julia Stiles. It runs 122 minutes and is rated R for language and some sexual content/nudity.
Get your copy of "Silver Linings Playbook" here!
You Should Also Read:
The Hangover - Part II
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.