Quotations About Birthdays
- "New Year's Day is every man's birthday."
-- Charles Lamb
- " Whatever with the past has gone, The best is always yet to come. "
- "Birth may be a matter of a moment, but it is a unique one."
-- Frederick Leboyer
- " Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart."
-- Caryn Leschen
- "Youth comes but once in a lifetime."
-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- " You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
-- John Mason
- " After 30, a body has a mind of its own."
-- Bette Midler
- "After all, tomorrow is another day. "
- " Real birthdays are not annual affairs. Real birthdays are the days when we have a new birth. "
-- Ralph Parlette
- "Youth has no age."
-- Pablo Picasso
- " Old age: A great sense of calm and freedom. When the passions have relaxed their hold, you may have escaped, not from one master but from many."
- "Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words."
- " Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed."
-- Anthony Powell
- "A birthday is a time to reflect on the year gone by, but to also set your goals for the upcoming year."
-- Catherine Pulsifer
- " Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time."
-- Jean Paul Richter
- "We are born weak, we need strength; helpless, we need aid; foolish, we need reason. All that we lack at birth, all that we need when we come to man's estate, is the gift of education "
-- Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- " the birthday of my life Is come, my love is come to me."
-- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- "There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval."
-- George Santayana
- " Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again. "
-- Menachem Mendel Schneerson
- " Let us respect gray hairs, especially our own."
-- J. P. Sears
- "The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity. "
- " With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come. "
-- William Shakespeare
- "Have you not a moist eye, a dry hand, a yellow cheek, a white beard, a decreasing leg, an increasing belly? Is not your voice broken, your wind short, your chin double, your wit single, and every part about you blasted with antiquity? "
-- William Shakespeare
- "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-- George Bernard Shaw
- " Every ten years a man should give himself a good kick in the pants. "
- "We are always the same age inside."
-- Gertrude Stein
- " Birthdays? yes, in a general way; For the most if not for the best of men: You were born (I suppose) on a certain day: So was I: or perhaps in the night: what then?"
-- James Kenneth Stephen
- " Age is a high price to pay for maturity."
-- Tom Stoppard
- "If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older. "
-- Abraham Sutzkever
- "No wise man ever wished to be younger."
-- Jonathan Swift
- " May you live all the days of your life."
-- Jonathan Swift
- "The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough."
-- Rabindranath Tagore
- " When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."
-- Mark Twain
- " Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live. "
- " The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once. "
- "We are all born naked and screaming and if you're lucky that sort of thing won't stop there "
- "A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip! "
- "You're not getting older, you're getting better."
- "Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had, and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated."
- "Men are equal; it is not birth but virtue that makes the difference. "
- " Thirty five is a very attractive age; London society is full of women who have of their own free choice remained thirty-five for years."
-- Oscar Wilde
- "The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything. "
-- Oscar Wilde
- " The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. "
-- Oprah Winfrey
- "Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting; The soul that rises with us, our life's star, Hath had elsewhere its setting, And cometh from afar; Not in entire forgetfulness, And not in utter nakedness, But trailing clouds of glory do we come from God, who is our home."
-- William Wordsworth
- " One of the signs of passing youth is the birth of a sense of fellowship with other human beings as we take our place among them."
-- Virginia Woolf
- " Last week the candle factory burned down. Everyone just stood around and sang, 'Happy Birthday' "
- " From our birthday, until we die, Is but the winking of an eye."
-- William Butler Yeats
- "One-half of life is luck; the other half is discipline - and that's the important half, for without discipline you wouldn't know what to do with luck."
-- Carl Zuckmeyer
You Should Also Read:
Personalized Birthday Presents
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nicole Cardillo for details.