Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Quotations About Birthdays
Guest Author - Danielle HollisterThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- "New Year's Day is every man's birthday."
-- Charles Lamb
- " Whatever with the past has gone, The best is always yet to come. "
- "Birth may be a matter of a moment, but it is a unique one."
-- Frederick Leboyer
- " Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart."
-- Caryn Leschen
- "Youth comes but once in a lifetime."
-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- " You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
-- John Mason
- " After 30, a body has a mind of its own."
-- Bette Midler
- "After all, tomorrow is another day. "
- " Real birthdays are not annual affairs. Real birthdays are the days when we have a new birth. "
-- Ralph Parlette
- "Youth has no age."
-- Pablo Picasso
- " Old age: A great sense of calm and freedom. When the passions have relaxed their hold, you may have escaped, not from one master but from many."
- "Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words."
- " Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed."
-- Anthony Powell
- "A birthday is a time to reflect on the year gone by, but to also set your goals for the upcoming year."
-- Catherine Pulsifer
- " Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time."
-- Jean Paul Richter
- "We are born weak, we need strength; helpless, we need aid; foolish, we need reason. All that we lack at birth, all that we need when we come to man's estate, is the gift of education "
-- Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- " the birthday of my life Is come, my love is come to me."
-- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- "There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval."
-- George Santayana
- " Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again. "
-- Menachem Mendel Schneerson
- " Let us respect gray hairs, especially our own."
-- J. P. Sears
- "The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity. "
- " With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come. "
-- William Shakespeare
- "Have you not a moist eye, a dry hand, a yellow cheek, a white beard, a decreasing leg, an increasing belly? Is not your voice broken, your wind short, your chin double, your wit single, and every part about you blasted with antiquity? "
-- William Shakespeare
- "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-- George Bernard Shaw
- " Every ten years a man should give himself a good kick in the pants. "
- "We are always the same age inside."
-- Gertrude Stein
- " Birthdays? yes, in a general way; For the most if not for the best of men: You were born (I suppose) on a certain day: So was I: or perhaps in the night: what then?"
-- James Kenneth Stephen
- " Age is a high price to pay for maturity."
-- Tom Stoppard
- "If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older. "
-- Abraham Sutzkever
- "No wise man ever wished to be younger."
-- Jonathan Swift
- " May you live all the days of your life."
-- Jonathan Swift
- "The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough."
-- Rabindranath Tagore
- " When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."
-- Mark Twain
- " Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live. "
- " The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once. "
- "We are all born naked and screaming and if you're lucky that sort of thing won't stop there "
- "A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip! "
- "You're not getting older, you're getting better."
- "Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had, and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated."
- "Men are equal; it is not birth but virtue that makes the difference. "
- " Thirty five is a very attractive age; London society is full of women who have of their own free choice remained thirty-five for years."
-- Oscar Wilde
- "The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything. "
-- Oscar Wilde
- " The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. "
-- Oprah Winfrey
- "Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting; The soul that rises with us, our life's star, Hath had elsewhere its setting, And cometh from afar; Not in entire forgetfulness, And not in utter nakedness, But trailing clouds of glory do we come from God, who is our home."
-- William Wordsworth
- " One of the signs of passing youth is the birth of a sense of fellowship with other human beings as we take our place among them."
-- Virginia Woolf
- " Last week the candle factory burned down. Everyone just stood around and sang, 'Happy Birthday' "
- " From our birthday, until we die, Is but the winking of an eye."
-- William Butler Yeats
- "One-half of life is luck; the other half is discipline - and that's the important half, for without discipline you wouldn't know what to do with luck."
-- Carl Zuckmeyer
|Albert Einstein's Birthda...|
Check out our Talking Picture Frames and mini voice-recorder attachments.
Content copyright © 2014 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact