- "A change is as good as a rest."
- "A danger foreseen is half avoided."
- "A good example is the best sermon."
- "A place for everything, and everything in its place."
- "A small family is soon provided for."
- "All good things must come to an end."
- "An artist lives everywhere."
- "Affectation is a greater enemy to the face than smallpox."
- "As you sow, so shall you reap."
- "Be not deceived with the first appearance of things, for show is not substance."
- "Better to be safe than sorry."
- "Better to say nothing, than to say something not to the purpose. "
- "Children are a poor man's riches."
- "Do not be in a hurry to tie what you cannot untie."
- "Everything has its time."
- "First come, first served."
- "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."
- "Half the world does not know how the other half lives."
- "He that is warm thinks all are so."
- "He that is master of himself will soon be master of others."
- "If he deceives me once, shame on him; if he deceives me twice, shame on me."
- "Knowledge is a treasure, but practice is the key to it."
- "My mind to me is a kingdom."
- "Nature is the true law."
- "Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today."
- "One eyewitness is better than ten earwitnesses."
- "One does harm, and another bears the blame."
- "Praise the sea but keep on land."
- "Self-preservation is the first law of nature."
- "Skill and confidence form an unconquered army."
- "Some are very busy and yet do nothing."
- "Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away."
- "Strike while the iron is hot."
- "Success makes a fool seem wise."
- "There's no fool like an old fool."
- "There is a time to speak and a time to be silent."
- "There is no time like the present."
- "Things are not always what they seem."
- "Two wrongs do not make a right."
- "When everyone takes care of himself, care is taken of all."
- "With all your knowledge, know thyself."
- "You may find your best friend or your worst enemy in yourself."
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nicole Cardillo for details.