Quotations about Romance
- " True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen. "
-- Francois De La Rochefoucauld
- " We love those who admire us, but not those whom we admire. "
-- Francois De La Rochefoucauld
- " I shall always be a priest of love. "
-- D. H. Lawrence
- " To love is to place our happiness in the happiness of another. "
-- Gottfried Wilhelm Von Leibniz
- " Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. "
-- Michael Leunig
- " Go to the truth beyond the mind. Love is the bridge. "
-- Stephen Levine
- " An act of love that fails is just as much a part of the divine life as an act of love that succeeds, for love is measured by fullness, not by reception. "
-- Harold Lokes
- " A man has only one escape from his old self: to see a different self in the mirror of some woman's eyes. "
-- Clare Boothe Luce
- " Love is inseparable from knowledge. "
-- St. Macarius of Egypt
- " Great passions, my dear, don't exist: they're liars fantasies. What do exist are little loves that may last for a short or a longer while. "
-- Anna Magnani
- " There is an important difference between love and friendship. While the former delights in extremes and opposites, the latter demands equality. "
-- Francoise D'Aubegne Maintenon
- " Nowadays men cannot love seven night but they must have all their desires: that love may not endure by reason; for where they be soon accorded and hasty, heat soon it cooleth. Right so fareth love nowadays, soon hot soon cold: this is no stability. But the old love was not so. "
-- Sir Thomas Malory
- " Treasure the love you receive above all. It will survive long after your gold and good health have vanished. "
-- Og Mandino
- " If only one could tell true love from false love as one can tell mushrooms from toadstools. "
-- Katherine Mansfield
- " A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak. "
-- Michael Garrett Marino
- " Love means the body, the soul, the life, the entire being. We feel love as we feel the warmth of our blood, we breathe love as we breathe air, we hold it in ourselves as we hold our thoughts. Nothing more exists for us. "
-- Guy De Maupassant
- " To be in love is merely to be in a perpetual state of anesthesia. "
-- H. L. Mencken
- " Love cures people -- both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it. "
-- Karl A. Menninger
- " Parrots, tortoises and redwoods live a longer life than men do; Men a longer life than dogs do; Dogs a longer life than love does. "
-- Edna St. Vincent Millay
- " Love talked about is easily turned aside, but love demonstrated is irresistible. "
-- Stan Mooneyham
- " A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it. "
-- George Moore
- " Love never reasons, but profusely gives; it gives like a thoughtless prodigal its all, and then trembles least it has done to little. "
-- Hannah More
- "Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action. "
-- Mother Teresa
- " I try to give to the poor people for love what the rich could get for money. No, I wouldn't touch a leper for a thousand pounds; yet I willingly cure him for the love of God. "
-- Mother Teresa
- " No love is entirely without worth, even when the frivolous calls to the frivolous and the base to the base. "
-- Iris Murdoch
- " Love is a friendship caught on fire. "
-- Northern Exposure
- " I love a hand that meets my own with a grasp that causes some sensation. "
-- Samuel Osgood
- " Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense. "
-- Mark Overby
- " If any person wish to be idle, let them fall in love. "
- " No woman marries for money; they are all clever enough, before marrying a millionaire, to fall in love with him first. "
-- Cesare Pavese
- " Speak low if you speak love. "
-- Don Pedro
- " Love laughs at locksmiths. "
- " He that plants trees loves others besides himself. "
-- English Proverb
- " In love, there is always one who kisses and one who offers the cheek. "
-- French Proverb
- " He who is not impatient is not in love. "
-- Italian Proverb
- " Love is like the measles, all the worse when it comes late. "
-- Mary Roberts Rhinehart
- " Love is what is left in a relationship after all the selfishness is taken out. "
-- Nick Richardson
- " A woman who could always love would never grow old; and the love of mother and wife would often give or preserve many charms if it were not too often combined with parental and conjugal anger. There remains in the face of women who are naturally serene and peaceful, and of those rendered so by religion, an after-spring, and later an after-summer, the reflex of their most beautiful bloom. "
-- Jean Paul Richter
- " Our affections as well as our bodies are in perpetual flux. "
-- Jean Jacques Rousseau
- " Sure I love Goldie. How could you not love Goldie? Everyone loves Goldie. I love her, and I hope our love will continue, but I don't want to give an I-love-Goldie-Hawn interview. "
-- Kurt Russell
You Should Also Read:
Quotations about Love
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nicole Cardillo for details.