Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Quotations about Love
Guest Author - Danielle Hollister
- "People love others not for who they are, but for how they make them feel."
-- Irwin Federman
- "You talk too much, you laugh too loud, that's the price of love."
-- Brian Ferry
- "I don't want to live -- I want to love first, and live incidentally."
-- Zelda Fitzgerald
- "You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."
-- Edward Flaherty
- "It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble, how hopeless the outlook, how muddled the tangle, how great the mistake. A sufficient realization of love will dissolve it all."
-- Emmet Fox
- "He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
-- Benjamin Franklin
- "We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love, never so forlornly unhappy as when we have lost our love object or its love."
-- Sigmund Freud
- "Love, while you are able to love."
-- A. Frieligrath
- "Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence."
-- Erich Fromm
- "Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
- "What then in love can woman do? If we grow fond they shun us. And when we fly them, they pursue: But leave us when they've won us."
-- John Gay
- "The chemist who can extract from his heart's elements, compassion, respect, longing, patience, regret, surprise, and forgiveness and compound them into one can create that atom which is called love."
-- Kahlil Gibran
- "Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly."
-- Louis Ginsberg
- "If I love you, what business is it of yours?"
-- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- "Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence."
-- Vincent Van Gogh
- "Love is not blind -- it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less."
-- Rabbi J. Gordon
- "Let the first impulse pass, wait for the second."
-- Baltasar Gracian
- "Love, love, love -- all the wretched cant of it, masking egotism, lust, masochism, fantasy under a mythology of sentimental postures, a welter of self-induced miseries and joys, blinding and masking the essential personalities in the frozen gestures of courtship, in the kissing and the dating and the desire, the compliments and the quarrels which vivify its barrenness."
-- Germaine Greer
- "Love is a gift from God, and as we obey His laws and genuinely learn to serve others, we develop God's love in our lives. Love of God is the means of unlocking divine powers which help us to live worthily and to overcome the world."
-- David B. Haight
- "Love is the final end of the world's history, the Amen of the universe."
-- Novalis Hardenberg
- "Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives."
-- Louise L. Hay
- "The truth is that there is only one terminal dignity -- love. And the story of a love is not important -- what is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity."
-- Helen Hayes
- "Love and a cough cannot be hid."
-- George Hebert
- "Only the really plain people know about love --the very fascinating ones try so hard to create an impression that they very soon exhaust their talents."
-- Katharine Hepburn
- "Those that embrace the entire universe with love, for the most part love nothing, but their narrow selves."
-- Johann Gottfried Von Herder
- "Love is like a fruit. It may look good, but you shouldn't bite in it until it's ripe."
-- Nick Hertl
- "Love is a conflict between reflexes and reflections."
-- Mangnu Hirschfield
- " Love is like pi -- natural, irrational, and very important. "
-- Lisa Hoffman
- " Love is the master key which opens the gates of happiness. "
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes
- " Love is seeing without eyes, hearing without ears; hatred is nothing. "
-- Doug Horton
- " Lovers are fools, but Nature makes them so. "
-- Elbert Hubbard
- " To love another person is to see the face of God. [Les Miserables] "
-- Victor Hugo
- " Dive deep, O mind, dive deep in the ocean of God's beauty! If you descend to the uttermost depths, there you will find the gem of love. "
-- Bengali Hymn
- " I would rather live and love where death is king than have eternal life where love is not. "
-- Robert Green Ingersoll
- " Love, you are eternal like springtime. "
-- Juan Ramon Jiminez
- " Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more. "
-- Erica Jong
- " Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it. "
-- Curtis Judalet
- " Love is swift, sincere, pious, joyful, generous, strong, patient, faithful, prudent, long-suffering, courageous, and never seeking its own; for wheresoever a person seeketh his own, there he falleth from love. "
-- Thomas ã Kempis
- " Love possesses not nor will it be possessed, for love is sufficient unto love. "
-- Kahlil Kibran
Content copyright © 2013 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact