Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Danielle HollisterThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- "How little is the promise of the child fulfilled in the man."
- "If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters."
-- Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis
- "You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they're going. "
--P. J. O'Rourke
- "Humans are the only animals that have children on purpose with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs."
-- P. J. O'Rourke
- "I take my children everywhere, but they always find their way back home."
-- Robert Orben
- "Never raise your hand to your children; it leaves your midsection unprotected."
-- Robert Orben
- "The best way to keep children home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant ~ and let the air out of the tires."
-- Dorothy Parker
- "Our children are watching us live, and what we ARE shouts louder than anything we can say."
--Wilferd A. Peterson
- "You know children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers."
-- John Plomp
- "To maintain a joyful family requires much from both the parents and the children. Each member of the family has to become, in a special way, the servant of the others."
-- Pope John Paul II
- "Children's liberation is the next item on our civil rights shopping list."
-- Letty Cottin Pogrebin
- "If you have a great passion it seems that the logical thing is to see the fruit of it, and the fruit are children."
-- Roman Polanski
- "Children are living jewels dropped unsustained from heaven."
-- Robert Pollok
- "The educating of the parents is really the education of the child: children tend to live what is unlived in the parents, so it is vital that parents should be aware of their inferior, their dark side, and should press on getting to know themselves."
-- Laurens Van der Post
- "Parents are sometimes a bit of a disappointment to their children. They don't fulfill the promise of their early years."
-- Anthony Powell
- "Each of us owes it to our spouse, our children, our friends, to be as happy as we can be. And if you don't believe me, ask a child what it's like to grow up with an unhappy parent, or ask parents what they suffer if they have an unhappy child."
-- Dennis Prager
- "Some people seem as if they can never have been children, and others seem as if they could never be anything else."
-- George Dennison Prentice
- "Children are a poor man's wealth."
-- Danish Proverb
- "It's not that age brings childhood back again, Age merely shows what children we remain."
-- German Proverb
- "We do not inherit the land, we borrow it from our children."
-- Native American Proverb
- "Small children disturb your sleep, big children your life."
-- Yiddish Proverb
- "We must protect the forests for our children, grandchildren and children yet to be born. We must protect the forests for those who can't speak for themselves such as the birds, animals, fish and trees."
- "Children are entitled to their otherness, as anyone is; and when we reach them, as we sometimes do, it is generally on a point of sheer delight, to us so astonishing, but to them so natural."
-- Alastair Reid
- "Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood."
-- Fred Rogers
- "Books are easy to find and easy to buy. A paperback these days only costs six or seven dollars. You can borrow that from your kids! "
- "If you talk to your children, you can help them to keep their lives together. If you talk to them skillfully, you can help them to build future dreams."
-- Jim Rohn
- "For unflagging interest and enjoyment, a household of children, if things go reasonably well, certainly all other forms of success and achievement lose their importance by comparison."
-- Theodore Roosevelt
- "The training of children is a profession, where we must know how to waste time in order to save it" -- Jean Jacques Rousseau
- "In great countries, children are always trying to remain children, and the parents want to make them into adults. In vile countries, the children are always wanting to be adults and the parents want to keep them children."
-- John Ruskin
- "Let your children be as so many flowers, borrowed from God. If the flowers die or wither, thank God for a summer loan of them."
-- Samuel Rutherford
- "Good parents give their children Roots and Wings. Roots to know where home is, wings to fly away and exercise what's been taught them."
-- Jonas Salk
- "While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."
-- Angela Schwindt
- "Adults are obsolete children."
-- Dr. Seuss
- "It's never too late to have a happy childhood. "
-- Jerry Seinfeld
- "Children wish fathers looked but with their eyes; fathers that children with their judgment looked; and either may be wrong."
-- William Shakespeare
- "In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul."
-- Lisa T. Shepherd
- "You save an old man and you save a unit; but save a boy, and you save a multiplication table."
-- Gypsy Smith
- "Parents learn a lot from their children about coping with life. "
- "The more people have studied different methods of bringing up children the more they have come to the conclusion that what good mother and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is the best after all."
-- Benjamin Spock
- "Children are the keys of paradise."
-- Richard Henry Stoddard
- "Children require guidance and sympathy far more than instruction."
- "Our children are here to stay, but our babies and toddlers and preschoolers are gone as fast as they can grow up—and we have only a short moment with each. When you see a grandfather take a baby in his arms, you see that the moment hasn't always been long enough."
-- Saint Clair Adams Sullivan
- "We worry about what a child will be tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today."
-- Stacia Tauscher
- "Life has loveliness to sell, All beautiful and splendid things, Blue waves whitened on a cliff, Soaring fire that sways and sings And children's faces looking up Holding wonder like a cup."
-- Sara Teasdale
- "It needs courage to let our children go, but we are trustees and stewards and have to hand them back to life--to God. As the old saying puts it: "What I gave I have. We have to love them and lose them."
-- Alfred Torrie
- "If you raise your children to feel that they can accomplish any goal or task they decide upon, you will have succeeded as a parent and you will have given your children the greatest of all blessings."
-- Brian Tracy
- "I think that maybe if women and children were in charge we would get somewhere."
- "I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
-- Harry S Truman
- "Child rearing myth #1: Labor ends when the baby is born."
- "Sometimes I wish I were a kid again; skinned knees are a lot easier to fix than a broken heart."
- "Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."
- "Children are the sum of what mothers contribute to their lives. "
- "Kids use to ask where they came from, now they tell you where to go."
- "Anyone who uses the phrase 'easy as taking candy from a baby' has never tried taking candy from a baby."
- "Never have children, only grandchildren. "
-- Gore Vidal
- "Birds in their little nest agree; and 'Tis a shameful sight, when children of one family fall out, and chide, and fight."
-- Isaac Watts
- "Every child is born a genius."
-- Libby Gelman Waxner
- "A man who gives his children habits of industry provides for them better than by giving them a fortune."
-- Richard Whately
- "Americans, indeed, often seem to be so overwhelmed by their children that they'll do anything for them except stay married to the co-producer."
-- Katharine Whitehorn
- "Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them."
-- Oscar Wilde
- "Before I was married, I had a hundred theories about raising children and no children. Now, I have three children and no theories."
-- John Wilmot
- "There's no point in being grown up if you cant be childish sometimes."
-- Dr. Who
- "The potential possibilities of any child are the most intriguing and stimulating in all creation."
-- Ray L. Wilbur
- "Few parents nowadays pay any regard to what their children say to them. The old-fashioned respect for the young is fast dying out."
-- Oscar Wilde
- "Winning children (who appear so guileless) are children who have discovered how effective charm and modesty and a delicately calculated spontaneity are in winning what they want."
-- Thornton Wilder
- "Before I got married, I had six theories about bringing up children. Now I have six children and no theories."
-- John Wilmot
- "We have children because we want immortality and this is the most reliable way of getting it."
- "Give me the children until they are seven and anyone may have them afterwards."
--St. Francis Xavier
- "When you put faith, hope and love together, you can raise positive kids in a negative world."
-- Zig Ziglar
|No Dog Biscuits Today|
Great prices on Baby Furniture
Content copyright © 2014 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact