Italian Crock-Pot Chicken Recipe
This is a easy, easy recipe to put in your crockpot at the beginning of the day for a tasty, low fat, low carb, healthy meal that evening.
- 2 pounds chicken pieces, skin removed
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red wine (such as Merlot)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped (or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbs fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried oregano)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a 3 - 5 quart crockpot place the chicken pieces.
- Layer the onion, garlic, and mushrooms over the chicken.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, basil, oregano, sugar, salt, black pepper, and red pepper on top of the chicken and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve with pasta cooked al dente and a simple salad.
Note: It is best to follow the recipe's instructions, but a general rule of thumb is that 1 hour on high equals 2 hours on low.
Recommended For Your Kitchen
A slow cooker that's perfect for the family on the go. This crock-pot can go from the freezer, to the stop, to the oven, plus it's dishwasher safe. Versatility is a plus! It's on my list as a gift for those starting out in their own kitchens. They don't need 10 different pots, just this one. The fact that the bottom can be used as a griddle is a definite plus.
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.