Updo Educator Amy Colvin
Educator, Amy Colvin offers hairdressers the opportunity to perfect their updo skills in an entertaining format.
Amy says,” I’ve always let my heart lead my life and been open to seeing my path in life. Not too many people get to live their dream, and I feel like I am.” Her love for hairdressing and education shows in the classes she teaches. A hairdresser for 22 years, she has loved every minute of her career and believes in the value of education. “If you stop learning or being open to learning, then you can get bored.”
- Her “4 Hours of Updos” show is an energetic four hour stage presentation of the latest trends.
- “Up Do Your Updos” is a condensed version of the class, that is used for the big hair shows.
- Intense Hands-on Seminars:
- “4 Hours of Updos” is four hours of demonstrating updos and then the participants practice specific looks on a mannequin.
- “Foolproof Updoing” is an eight hour seminar that teaches a system to follow that allows you to recreate any updo. “It takes the guesswork and the stress out of updos. With a specific formula to follow, your updos flow with ease. It also gives you the tools to expand on updos and get creative with your ideas. There’s an actual thought process for updos that you learn.”
Tips for an at home updo:
Amy says that the answer to a quick and easy updo at home is ‘large bobby pins.’ Curl your hair beforehand and then just push the curls up and start pinning until it stays. The style is to wear hair looser now. Great hair is loose and sexy.
Amy teaches specific techniques in creating curls and other updo options. These techniques are used creatively to form many different updos. The result of her teaching is hairdressers being able to create the trendy styles such as those in the pictures below.
Amy’s updos are creative masterpieces.
Strands are folded and pinned.
The style is finished with a braid.
This style is scrunched for fullness,
folded and pinned in place.
The curls in this updo are loopy folds,
pinned into place.
Rope braids finish this fold and pin style.
The hair in this half updo is scrunched,
pushed into place and pinned.
Amy calls this a
fairy tale scrunch and pin.
Learn more about Amy and her FoolProof Updoing Seminars at her website.
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms, weddings or the office. Follow these simple instructions to begin creating them yourself!
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
A Checklist For Your Prom Hair
A Quick and Simple Updo
Planning Your Updo
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.