Curly Asymmetrical Updo
To create this Southern belle style updo you will need firm hold styling mousse or styling gel, rollers or curling iron, bobby pins and firm hold hairspray.
- Prepare your hair by using shampoo and conditioner that are body building products.
- Towel blot your hair so that it is damp but not dripping, and apply an ample amount of styling mousse from the roots to the ends.
- (If your hair is very hard to curl, at this point you will set it on medium or small wet-set rollers and dry it before continuing to step #8.)
- Blow your hair dry creating as much body and fullness as possible.
- Set your hair on small to medium hot rollers, using as many as possible to create lots of curl.
- Alternately, use a ¾ inch curling iron to curl small strands of hair all over the head.
- After all the hair is curled, start at the crown area creating curls for your updo.
- Place a small amount of teasing at the center crown to form a base to begin your updo.. Spray the teasing. You will begin your curls at this point.
- The first two or three curls should be firmly secured with bobby pins. The rest of the curls will build on and around this base.
- Work your way around the center curls. Pull one curl up at a time. Turn it over and pin it in place with at bobby pin. To hold it firmly in place, use teasing and hairspray at the base.
- Start pulling the strands to the side as you create the asymmetrical effect.
- If the hair at the back is not long enough to reach all the way over to the side, form a French roll off center.
- Allow the curls to hang freely over one ear.
- The front of this style is finished according to your preference.
You may want to continue the curly theme all across the front. This works best on layered hair that is shorter in front.
You may prefer to sweep the bangs to one side. In that case, sweep them toward the side that has the longer curls.
- Finish your style by spraying with firm hold hairspray and spray shine.
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms, weddings or the office. Follow these simple instructions to begin creating them yourself!
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Red Carpet Updos for Prom
Beautiful Updo or Half Updo
Tips for Better Updos
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.