Guest Author - Brandii Lacey
Slow cooker recipes were once thought of as only “winter” recipes. From stews to soups, the slow cooker is what many families relied on during the winter months. However, more families are putting their slow cookers to good use, especially when kids head back to school.
As back to school time begins, this slow cooker garlic chicken recipe is an easy but tasty delight at the end of a long day. It’ll be ready and waiting for you as your family returns home from a day of carpooling kids back and forth from here to there. From a hearty and healthy meal to a one pot clean up, who could ask for an easier weeknight recipe?
• 10 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced (More or less, depending on your family’s taste. This recipe can stand on its own without the garlic).
• 1 large cans of diced tomatoes, 20 ounces, or 2 small cans, 10 ounces each
• 8 small to medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into fourth
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 teaspoons of dry mustard
• ˝ cup of white wine
1. Spray the inside of your slow cooker a non stick cooking spray, such
2. Rinse the potatoes and cut into fourths.
3. Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
4. Combine chicken, potatoes, and tomatoes in slow cooker.
5. Mix mustard and wine together, and add to the slow cooker.
6. Cook on low for seven hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
Kid friendly side:
Cool Cucumber and Tomato Toss
• 1 large cucumber per person, sliced
• 5 grape or cherry tomatoes per person
• Italian dressing (homemade or bottled)
1. Combine sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and dressing.
2. Toss well.
Tips about this recipe:
1. Red skinned potatoes will work just as good as Yukon gold potatoes.
2. Fresh tomatoes can be substituted for canned. If they are in season,
use fresh, otherwise, use canned. Both recipes turn out wonderfully!
3. You can substitute chicken broth for the wine.
4. Have fun and enjoy!