Guest Author - Brandii Lacey
Chicken Piccata is a fantastic idea for a delicious weeknight dinner. If your kids love to cook, this is also a fun recipe theyll enjoy making!
1-2 packs chicken cutlets
1 cup of flour
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of dry white wine
6 tablespoons of butter
1. Melt two tablespoons of butter in a large skillet.
2. Lightly beat the egg in a bowl.
3. Dip one chicken cutlet in the egg, and then coat both sides with flour.
4. Once all of the chicken cutlets are coated, place them in the skillet.
5. Brown each cutlet for five to six minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
6. While the chicken is cooking, combine the chicken broth, wine, and the juice of two lemons in a bowl.
7. After the chicken has cooked, remove the cutlets from pan, and keep warm.
8. Melt four tablespoons of butter in the pan.
9. Add the chicken broth, wine, and lemon juice to the pan, and bring to a boil.
10. Reduce heat, and add the chicken broth to the mixture.
11. Simmer for five minutes.
12. If desired, you can add capers, mushrooms, or garlic.
This recipe is especially delicious served over rice or pasta and with a simple five ingredient salad.
You can certainly add more ingredients to this salad if desired, however, these basic ingredients do just fine on their own:
Five Ingredients Salad Recipe:
Red Leaf Lettuce, washed and chopped
3 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1 box of cherry or grape tomatoes
2 red bell peppers, chopped
Your favorite bottled salad dressing
1. Combine the chopped lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes in a plastic bag.
2. Seal tightly, and shake well.
3. Instead of adding the dressing to the bag, wait until its served on the plate. That way, any leftover salad in the bag can be placed in the refrigerator for a nice snack, or topped with a grilled chicken breast for another meal. By not adding any dressing to the bag, the lettuce will stay nice and crisp until ready to eat.
In addition to being an easy week night supper, this dish is perfect for kids wanting to advance their cooking skills. They can practice their culinary skills as they help prep the salad ingredients, coat the chicken pieces, and keep an eye on the rice or pasta.