Chocolate Oatmeal Toffee Bar Recipe
3/4 cup butter, (1 1/2 sticks)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 18 1/4 ounce yellow cake Mix
2 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups toffee baking bits
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line an 11 x 17" jellyroll pan with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Stir in the cake mix and oatmeal until well combined.
- Stir in the toffee baking bits, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Press the mixture evenly onto the prepared jellyroll pan; it will seem that the mixture is very thin; that is as it should be.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack, and let cool thoroughly.
- Place the topping ingredients in a microwaveable container and microwave 1 minute.
- Let sit for a minute or two and stir until melted.
- Drizzle the topping over the bars.
- When the topping is set, cut into 48 bars or squares.
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 75
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 54% Protein 3% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 106 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.