Getting kids to eat healthy can be challenging, to say the least! These chicken, tuna, and pasta salad recipes offer a little something for every taste.
Don’t be fooled by the fat free and low fat ingredients listed, as they will not take anything away from the taste. It will, however, take away much of the fat and calories!
Great Grapes Chicken Salad Recipe
Great grapes are what make this chicken salad great, or at least what the kids like to say!
- 3 cups of cooked, chopped chicken
- ½ cup of fat free or light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of fat free or light sour cream
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- Two cups of seedless red grapes, halved
- ¼ cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the chicken in water or chicken broth.
- Once the chicken is cooked, cut into bite size cubes and place in a
- Slice the celery into small pieces.
- Slice the red grapes in half.
- Add the celery and grapes to the chicken.
- Add the mayonnaise and sour cream to the chicken, and mix well.
- Stir in the lemon juice, celery, and grapes.
- Mix all ingredients together, and then season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Low Fat Tuna Salad Recipe
While the eggs are boiling, you can make the rest of this recipe in no time!
- 1 can of tuna
- 1/3 cup of mustard
- ¼ cup of fat free or light mayo
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the eggs on your stove top until cooked through.
- While the eggs are cooking, combine mayonnaise, mustard, celery, and
tuna in a large bowl.
- When the eggs are finished cooking and have cooled, peel and dice the eggs into small pieces.
- Add the diced eggs to the tuna salad.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
This pasta salad doesn’t have many ingredients, but it’s full of flavor, and ready in less than ten minutes.
- 1 box of bow tie pasta
- Diced cooked chicken
- 2 14 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 14 ounce cans of sweet corn
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Your favorite Italian dressing
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, corn, onion, and chicken.
- Drain pasta and combine with the other ingredients.
- Add Italian dressing, starting with ½ cup, and then gradually increasing until you reach the desired flavor. This is one of those recipes that will have even more flavor the next day or two.