Two Healthy Desserts recipe
*HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES recipe*
2/3 cup almonds
1/3 cup cooked oatmeal mashed with ½ small banana
3 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup 60% or greater cacao chocolate chips
Note: If you don’t want to use the chocolate chips, they could be very easily substituted with raisins, nuts or dried fruits of any kind.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Mix all ingredients together, except the chocolate chips, in a food processor. You should have wet, sticky dough after pulsing. If you do not have a food processor, you can make the following simple changes: Chop almonds into small pieces. Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stirring and mixing well with a fork, to incorporate dry ingredients with honey and cooked oatmeal.
3) Using your spatula, scrape dough into your mixing bowl and mix in chocolate chips.
4) Spoon dough by large spoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
5) Bake in 350 degree pre-heated oven for 20 minutes, or until slightly browned on top and firm.
One serving = 2 cookies
Variation: You can press the dough into a square glass pan and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees for delicious cookie bars if you’d like!
*PUMPKIN SPICE MINI MUFFINS recipe*
(Makes approximately 30 mini muffins)
Note: making larger muffins is not recommended. This batter works far better when made as mini muffins.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder mixed with ½ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 egg whites
1/3 cup honey
3/4 cup apple sauce (no sugar added)
2 tablespoons Grape Seed oil
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 (15 oz. can) pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1) In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and pumpkin spice.
2) In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
3) Combine the liquid into the flour and stir until smooth.
4) Spoon into mini muffin tins (I used non-stick with a light spray of Grape Seed oil).
5) Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6) Cool before eating. You can refrigerate these for up to a week, or freeze for up to 3 months if properly wrapped and stored.
1 muffin= 1 serving
Fat: 1 g
Saturated fat: 0 g
Trans fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Sodium: 52 mg
Carbohydrate: 10 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 2 g
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Kymberly A. Morgan. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kymberly A. Morgan. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Kymberly A. Morgan for details.