The Six of Swords is the Tarot Card of the Week for June 17th, 2006. This card was drawn while mediating on events that are affecting the planet at the beginning of this time period. The Six of Swords calls us to step back, think before we talk, and try to focus on the purity of the other, even if it is hidden behind annoying behavior.
EVENTS SHAPING THIS WEEK'S ENERGY
- Umi-no-Hi, Japan - July 17
- O - Bon / Festival of Souls, Shinto, July 17th
- Moon Day, USA - July 20
- Revolution Day, Egypt - July 23
- Major earthquake and Tsunami in Indonesia, July 17
- Middle East unrest continues in Israel, Lebanon, Syria
- Space shuttle, Discovery safely returns back to Earth
- Tungurahua volcano erupts, endangers Ecuador residents
- Tropical storm, Bilis floods South China
- Blistering hot summer weather across USA
- Nelson Mandala turns 88 - July 18
- Polar Bear protection treaty signed - US & Russia
- California swept by wild fires
Some associate a rather blue, listless energy to this card - which can very well happen if one is not able to philosophically lift themselves to a place of hope and recovery. Picking up the pieces after chaos is not always easy. Many people on this planet are doing just that right now. This card also signals traveling, changing location, being uprooted and journeying - both externally and internally. The Six of Swords has also been dubbed the Lord of Science, particularly new discoveries and venturing into unknown territory. This card calls us (as individuals and as a race) to put the past behind us and move on to a brighter future ahead. The Six of Swords calls us to step back, think before we talk, and try to focus on the purity of the other, even if it is hidden behind annoying behavior.
The Six of Swords also points to the stored-up emotional, mental and spiritual baggage that we often carry with us: embedded energy from the past that no longer serves us. It points to the need to wake up, become self-aware, and work through this accumulated load that chisels away at our self esteem, productivity, internal growth and even our mood. Sometimes this card calls us to reexamine relationships, for the afore mentioned baggage may well be tied to (or literally be) an outdated and unhealthy relationship with someone who has meant something to us, at least at one time.