Fourth of July Cheesecake Bombe Recipe
Fourth of July Cheesecake Bombe is an ideal dessert to serve anytime in the summer; it’s frozen, so it makes a cool end to a barbecue or picnic, but it’s very light, so everyone will have room for dessert.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 medium limes
1 cup sour cream
1 pound fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
6 ounces macaroon crumbs, or other crisp cookie crumbs
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon creme de cassis
- Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Cream the sugar and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Grate the zest from the lime into the mixture, and squeeze in 2 tablespoons of juice from the lime.
- Stir in the sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Fold into the whipped cream.
- Place the mixture into the freezer for an hour or two to chill.
- Line a standard loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Hull the strawberries and choose 8 of the smallest; cut them in half and lay them in rows, cut side down, in the pan. Place blueberries in the spaces between the strawberries (as pictured).
- Meanwhile, mix the cookie crumbs and butter; set aside.
- When the mixture has chilled, stir it and pour it into the fruit-lined loaf pan.
- Smooth it out and pour the cookie crumbs over the top; press them down and smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Sauce: Mix the sugar and water in a saucepan; cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove the cover and stir until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add the remaining blueberries and stir until they pop and release their juices to color the mixture.
- Turn off the heat, add the strawberries and creme de cassis.
- To serve, Remove the bombe from the freezer about 1 hour before serving.
- Unmold onto a serving platter. Slice and serve with the sauce.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 212
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 62% Protein 4% Carb. 34%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 76 mg
Sodium 97 mg
Total Carbohydrate 29 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 42% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.