Springtime Fruit & Yogurt Bowl Recipe
This dessert adapts well to almost any fruit; blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries can be added if they are available, as well as both red and green grapes. Chunks of fresh pineapple can also be added. There is ample dressing to add two or three cups of extra fruit. Check out what is available at your grocery store and adapt this dessert to your own tastes.
1 pound strawberries
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 6 oz. package lemon yogurt
12 lemon cream cookies, crushed
- Wash, pare, and slice the strawberries.
- Peel the mango, remove the pit, and cut the fruit into small chunks.
- Peel and slice the bananas.
- Whip the cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the yogurt, then the strawberries, mango chunks, and bananas along with all but 3 tablespoons of the crushed cookies.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass bowl, sprinkle the top with the reserved cookies.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 143
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 4% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 44 mg
Sodium 71 mg
Total Carbohydrate 42 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 51% Vitamin C 134% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.