Recipe for Quick Cherry Pastries
1 16 oz. can jumbo refrigerator biscuits (such as Grands)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 20 oz. can cherry pie filling
1 beaten egg
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Open the biscuits and roll each to a circle 6" in diameter. This is easiest done on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and almond extract until smooth.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture between the circles, spooning it in the middle.
- Top the mixture with cherry pie filling.
- Brush the outside edges of the dough with the beaten egg and bring the edges to the center, pressing so that they stick.
- Place each of the bundles on a parchment-lined baking sheet or one sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Brush with additional egg; sprinkle with the sliced almonds and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Let the pastries sit on the sheet at least 5 minutes before removing them to cooling racks.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 215
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 7% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 88 mg
Sodium 555 mg
Total Carbohydrate 61 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 8 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 12%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.