These Quick Cherry Pastries are a cross between a Danish and a soft sweet roll, but are quick to assemble since they start with refrigerator biscuits. The filling contains canned cherry pie filling, so the only thing that takes mixing of any kind is a four ingredient cream cheese mixture which can be done in a mixer, food processor, or even by hand. Since they contain cherries, they’re perfect for Valentine’s Day or President’s Day and can be served as a sweet addition to a holiday buffet, or for breakfast or even just with coffee or hot chocolate.
1 16 oz. can jumbo refrigerator biscuits (such as Grands)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 20 oz. can cherry pie filling
1 beaten egg
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Open the biscuits and roll each to a circle 6" in diameter. This is easiest done on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and almond extract until smooth.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture between the circles, spooning it in the middle.
- Top the mixture with cherry pie filling.
- Brush the outside edges of the dough with the beaten egg and bring the edges to the center, pressing so that they stick.
- Place each of the bundles on a parchment-lined baking sheet or one sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Brush with additional egg; sprinkle with the sliced almonds and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Let the pastries sit on the sheet at least 5 minutes before removing them to cooling racks.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 215
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 7% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 88 mg
Sodium 555 mg
Total Carbohydrate 61 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 8 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 12%