This dish is pretty, tasty, packed full of healthy veggies.
- 1 pound tri-color pasta
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups tomato or marinara sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pecarino-Romano cheese, freshly grated
- Cook the pasta al dente.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the zucchini, carrots, and red bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and heat through.
- Place the pasta in a serving bowl and add the sauce, basil leaves, and cheese. Toss gently, coating the pasta evenly.
- Serve immediately with bread and salad.
Note: This recipe is perfect for vegetarians and others trying to eat light and healthy.