Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Kid Rock Quotations
Guest Author - Danielle HollisterQuotations by Kid Rock - Legendary MusicianThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- A lot of people told me that I'm committing musical suicide with my sound."
- "And there's a feeling you get from making music that is unlike anything else in the world. "
- "Are some women and children going to die? Yeah. But it's doing the right thing. You got money, you sit around talking about peace. People who don't have money need some help. "
- "As far as my street cred goes, I'll always have that, because I always hang with the kids. I'll jump right off the stage and buy them a beer. I'll be a star on stage, but I'll always hang with the kids. "
- "Being a father helps me be more responsible... you see more things than you've ever seen. "
- "But honestly, it's pretty weird; there are girls who'd do absolutely everything just to get a backstage pass. I don't know what it is, but really, when you're on national TV in America the girls love you. They all want you! And I'm not complaining! "
- "But I'm a great father. That's why I got custody. "
- "But the bottom line is, if people pay $10, $20, $30 a ticket, you want to give them a full-blown show. "
- "Europeans don't seem to have the groupie mentality. "
- "Going out hanging out with the troops, and you know it's kind of all summed up in the TV show, I don't what else I can say about it. It's a great thing to do, something I'm definitely proud of. "
- "How am I different from the Beastie Boys? Maybe I'm a little more into melody than they are, and I'm way more simple. "
- "I always believed it would happen and stuck to my guns. "
- "I am happy to make money. I want to make more money, make more music, eat Big Macs and drink Budweisers."
- "I care less if I can't be part of your scene because I am the scene. I am everything that is. "
- "I could care less about what people think. I'm a Devil Without A Cause. "
- "I didn't come from a trailer park. I grew up middle class and my dad had money and my mom made my lunch. I got a car when I was sixteen. I'm proud of that."
- "I didn't want to go out and change anything. I just wanted to make the music that was part of my background, which was rock and blues and hip-hop."
- "I don't think that people are talking about what Kid Rock and Pam Anderson are up to tonight. I don't think anyone cares. "
- "I got out, took my turntables, and the only place I had to go was the ghetto, so I moved in with my friends in Mount Clemens and deejayed at parties, sold crack a little bit - I spent a lot of time there in my teenage years."
- "I just got hooked up with Calvin Klein; I get free shoes from AirWalk. I have a tailor who makes my shiny pants. My hats are Biltmore Beaverskins."
- "I knew there was nothing that could stop my album. It was ten years in the making; so this was not just a fluke."
- "I know every Skynyrd and about all Johnny Cash songs."
- "I like to make music, I like rap music. Even if I'm white, I support that music. If I want to support it or any other white kid wants to support it more power to them."
- "I never said I wanted to be around for a long time. I always said I wanted to be here for a good time."
- "I signal with an independent label, Continuum. After that I put out a totally independent record, sold fourteen thousand of them from my basement, bought a house, started raising my kid, made a decent living."
- "I think I did every drug known to mankind, smoked crack, boozed, dropped acid, you name it."
- "I think what I've learned out of this lifetime is you should be proud of where you come from."
- "I want as many people as possible to hear my music. I'm happy to entertain people by being a star."
- "I was the little white kid who rocked the turntables."
- "I'm actually a pretty decent human being, and when I'm home I'm straight as an arrow."
- "I've been into this music since I was eleven years old - purchased it, played it, loved it."
- "If you have good songs and you're talented, people will eventually come to your shows, people will buy your music."
- "It just makes sense to progress musically and songwriting-wise; to try and make the powers-that-be happy, you know, I really can't really compete with what's going on right now."
- "It's hillbilly night in Manhattan - I love it."
- "It's not that I'm Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes now, but I've got my priorities in order."
- "Major influences go from Hank Williams and Lynyrd Skynyrd to Run-DMC and Whodini."
- "My past is a bit checkered."
- "My shows aren't about trying to save some place, because I don't feel that's the right venue for it. That's my politics right there: Don't bring politics to my shows."
- "My take on rap is driven by straightforward American southern rock and blues."
- "No, but we put a rider in our contract that there has to be Pabst Blue Ribbon in our dressing rooms, just because we thought it would be funny."
- "On a scale of the United States, the Hollywood influence on what comes out, that's not the majority views of across the country. What we read in Us Weekly or People magazine, or Entertainment Tonight, it's not what the majority of the country is thinking."
- "Rock 'n' roll is much easier if you're white."
- "That's what I love from metal, and that's what I love from hip-hop. That's what I love from any music that's hard, that's got an edge to it-The attitude in it."
- "That's why I called my record Devil Without a Cause - I'm a white boy who's so sick of hearing that white kids are going to steal rap."
- "They believed you can't mix rock, country, and rap, and that crossover is dead. I always knew it would work. And it will always work as long as you're really into it and like what you're doing."
- "Well, I was into music since I was a kid, ya know, back in Detroit. I say Detroit, but it was really a little suburb outside the city called Romeo."
- "Well, in America people know us. We've got it made there, but in Europe people don't know us. We've got to win them over and that's a challenge."
- "When I'm on the road, I'm wild - that's like my weekend."
- "Why does anything ever happen? Some things happen and some don't."
- "You know, America loves the underdog and I'm no longer the underdog, so if people are going to start taking shots at me, I'm ready for that."
- "You know, when I started I liked Big Macs and Budweiser and I still like Big Macs and Budweiser."
- "You've got to work hard for your success and you've got to have a steady presence. That's the secret."
Content copyright © 2013 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact