Slow cookers have made a big comeback in the last few years; they are great timesavers and allow for dishes to be cooked with little or no supervision. While usually used for soups and main meals, slow cookers can also be used for decadent desserts like this Triple Chocolate Brownie Pudding. This dessert takes only 1 1/2 hours in the slow cooker, so it’s quite fast, as slow cooking goes. Since it sits with the heat off for 30 minutes, it’s a good idea to time the cooking so that the pudding finishes cooking just as guests sit down to dinner; it will be ready to serve when everyone has finished eaten.
This delicious pudding starts with Mom's Brownie Mix , an easily made mix that can be made ahead and stored for several months at room temperature. Chocolate pudding mix and semi-sweet chocolate chips are also added and make this dessert extra rich - perfect for the chocoholic. Either sweetened whipped cream or highest quality vanilla ice cream are a must.
Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Brownie Pudding
2 1/2 cups Mom's Brownie Mix
1 2 1/2 - 3 oz. package instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
3/4 cup hottest tap water
Sweetened whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.
- Spray the inside of a medium (3-4 quart) slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Mix the brownie mix, pudding mix, chocolate chips, eggs, and butter.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared crock.
- Mix the brown sugar and cocoa in a large microwaveable container.
- Stir in the water.
- Microwave 1 minute; stir, then microwave until boiling.
- Pour the boiling mixture over the brownie mixture in the slow cooker; do not stir.
- Cover the slow cooker and set it on high.
- Let the pudding cook 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn the heat off and let sit 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 195
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 43% Protein 4% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 313 mg
Total Carbohydrate 61 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 6%