Easy Chocolate Bar Cookie Recipe
These bars can be made up to a week ahead, and can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They are perfect for taking on a picnic, or can be served at a backyard cookout with homemade ice cream. They’re not just for summer, though; these bars are great year round and are good enough that they can even be an addition to a holiday cookie tray.
3/4 cup butter, (1 1/2 sticks)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 18.25 ounce devil's food cake mix
2 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line an 11 x 17" jellyroll pan with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Stir in the cake mix and oatmeal, mixing until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, dried cherries, and pecans.
- Press the mixture evenly onto the prepared jellyroll pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool on a cooling rack while preparing the topping.
- Place the topping ingredients in a microwaveable container and microwave 2 minutes.
- Let sit for a minute or two and stir thick and smooth.
- Spread over the bars and refrigerate until the topping is set. /li>
- Cut into 48 bars or squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 100
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 65% Protein 4% Carb. 31%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 23 mg
Sodium 34 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.