In a hurry, but craving chocolate? These easy Triple Chocolate Cherry Pecan Bars can be made in about 30 minutes and are sure to please even the most discriminating chocolate aficionado. Starting with a cake mix eliminates the need to measure a lot of ingredients, but the addition of real butter insures a homemade taste. The decadent chocolate filling is reminiscent of a creamy truffle; no one will guess that these are quick and easy.
These bars can be made up to a week ahead, and can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They are perfect for taking on a picnic, or can be served at a backyard cookout with homemade ice cream. They’re not just for summer, though; these bars are great year round and are good enough that they can even be an addition to a holiday cookie tray.
3/4 cup butter, (1 1/2 sticks)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 18.25 ounce devil's food cake mix
2 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line an 11 x 17" jellyroll pan with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Stir in the cake mix and oatmeal, mixing until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, dried cherries, and pecans.
- Press the mixture evenly onto the prepared jellyroll pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool on a cooling rack while preparing the topping.
- Place the topping ingredients in a microwaveable container and microwave 2 minutes.
- Let sit for a minute or two and stir thick and smooth.
- Spread over the bars and refrigerate until the topping is set. /li>
- Cut into 48 bars or squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 100
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 65% Protein 4% Carb. 31%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 23 mg
Sodium 34 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%